Friday, July 23, 2010

One last day in Africa

Today was my last day at the Primary School. Teacher Veronica thanked me many times for the donation that enabled them to buy more desks, books and supplies for the teachers. After school the children sang me a goodbye song that is practically impossible not to start crying to - so of course I cried. Tomorrow I will be taking the children from the orphanage on safari to Arusha National Park. They are so excited and the girls have been discussing what they will wear, while the boys are more interested in the portraying the various animals they will encounter. After Safari I will have dinner at the orphanage and head to the airport. Everytime I have to leave this amazing continent it absolutely breaks my heart. Katie and I both agree that Africa is our second home. While I am looking forward to returning to New York to continue work with MMCF a part of my heart will be left behind with the amazing people we have met. Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment